[TUHS] CSRG report TR/4 was in Jim Joyce papers

reed at reedmedia.net reed at reedmedia.net
Sun Jan 19 07:38:50 AEST 2020

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020, Rich Morin wrote:

> [ No good deed goes unpunished...  -r ]

Thanks again!
Do you have a bibliography or list of all the papers and books you have
in that collection?

I have a very very long list of things I am looking for, such as:

- "The Conversion of U.C. Berkeley Time Sharing Systems to UNIX Version
Seven" by Bob Kridle 1981;

- various Unix News 1975-1976;

- more 1970's Western Electric licensing examples; Univ. of California /
Berkeley; Univ. of Toronto, or any other 1970's "Unix" licenses. (An
example I am looking for is AT&T/USL vs. BSDI/Univ. of California June
1992 complaint Exhibit F "32V Software Agreement" dated April 1, 1979
(or Exhibit B to the DeFazio Affidavit)? (See 920724.complaint.txt and
more details in 930107.amicus.txt and 930108.oppose.txt.)  Or maybe the
1981 relicense?

- 1970's release announcements of any Unix or any Berkeley Unix related
software (like Berkeley Pascal)

- "PWB/Unix overview and synopsis of facilities" 1977 by Dolotta and
Haight;

- M. Nielsen, "SUN Student Workstation System Overview" Computer
Science Department, Stanford Univ. 1981

- Shannon and Lyon's paper "4.2BSD on the Sun Workstation (or What we
Did on our Summer Vacation)(or How to Emulate a VAX on a 68000)" from
Winter 1983 Usenix/Unicom?  (Sure seems like I found this but don't see
now.)

- BBN QTR "Combined Quarterly Technical Report" 18, 21, 22, 25, 28

Maybe we should make a TUHS wiki page of documents we are looking for?
(Or maybe there already is?)