[TUHS] "What UNIX Cost Us"

Vincenzo Nicosia katolaz at freaknet.org
Sun Jan 19 20:29:37 AEST 2020

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:27:39AM -0800, Rich Morin wrote:
> FWIW, I found this talk to be quite amusing and interesting.
>
> "What UNIX Cost Us" - Benno Rice (LCA 2020)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-IWMbJXoLM

...which is along the same lines of the talk the same guy gave about
systemd and why everybody should like it. The message is simple: we
just want to run our shiny MacBooks and we don't understand Unix
anyway, so we'd better get rid of it and move on.

A flawed analysis that obviously leads to flawed conclusions.