[TUHS] Apollo Domain/OS

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Wed Jan 22 12:47:40 AEST 2020

On Jan 21, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Ronald Natalie <ron at ronnatalie.com> wrote:

> Apollo gave us the long term use of a DN1000.    I ported our image processing system to it.     The amusing thing was when you fired up an X window manager on the thing, it wrapped all three segments of the little status bar at the bottom with window borders.    The DN10000 docs came with a beautiful 5 volume set that described all the internals.   It was quite detailed for what was there.   What I really needed was the documentation on the graphics system which was in Volume 3.   My set was missing this.   After much digging around Apollo, it turns out that they never wrote volume 3, just assigned the volume number to some yet to be written document.

Also the DN10000 is extremely heavy. Mine’s in a basement and claims are it’s never coming out…

If anyone has DN10000 documentation like Roland describes above, I would love to get my hands on it and ensure it’s preserved. My DN10000 is a long term restoration project, and we could use some docs.

  -- Chris