[TUHS] Spider

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 13:03:02 AEST 2020

Hello!
GACK! (Excuse me.) Hello!
That description of how someone back there used a batch of LEDs and
photodiodes to form an input device triggered a memory of my own. One
Steve Ciarcia who wrote the Circuit Cellar column for Byte magazine
described that same method. He even included a photo of the prototype
using a picture frame to hold them. The code to manage it was written
in BASIC of all things for one of his custom cards, and it was mounted
on his equally custom system. He also described a similar method of
generating graphics using two DAC devices and a scope itself switched
into X-Y mode. (Code was also in BASIC for starters.)

Let us now return to the wonders of UNIX and as it relates to the
early networking ideas.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com