[TUHS] Screen editors

Thomas Paulsen thomas.paulsen at firemail.de
Thu Jan 30 09:00:54 AEST 2020

 also I never heard of WordMaster!

--- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
Von: Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org>
Datum: 29.01.2020 23:24:13
An: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs at tuhs.org>
Betreff: Re: [TUHS] Screen editors

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020, Toby Thain wrote:

> Speaking of WordStar, on CP/M there was also WordMaster, lighter weight,

> better as a programmer's editor. Not sure who wrote it (but istr it
came
> from the WordStar people?) Adding here for completeness...

I used WordStar a lot on my old Microbee (an Aussie CP/M box) but I never

heard of WordMaster...

Getting a full ANSI C compiler for CP/M was great; I could use some Unix

tools on it :-)  Can't remember if it was BDS or Hi-Tech; one was ANSI
(function prototypes and the works) whereas the other wouldn't even
recognise things like "int i = 1;".

I even found a UUCP for it too, but it was overlaid to hell and back; at

least it worked...

-- Dave