[TUHS] v7 uucp debugging help requested

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:33:38 AEST 2020

The "s" editor is written by Webb Miller and appears in his book "A
Software Tools Sampler."  There was a discussion about it...here, or COFF,
or cctalk, or the PiDP-11 mailing list....a few months ago.  Someone had
already done the lifting to make it classic v7-compatible, but I don't
remember who.

Its interface is very close to vi, but it is quite compact and works well
on v7.

I have a fork of it that has the needed tweaks for PDP-11 v7 up at
https://github.com/athornton/s .

Since I find ed thoroughly unpleasant to use, having a screen editor was a
must for me to use v7 for any length of time, and s fills that role rather
nicely.

Adam