[TUHS] v7 uucp debugging help requested

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:47:38 AEST 2020

The thing about ed that is missed by johnny-come-latelys who mock it for
its lowness is that it was so much higher than most, if not all the
commercially available text editors of its time. The gold standard was
perhaps Son of Stopgap, whose very name tells you the state of things.

I remember spending a couple of days baking inside a radio telescope
control cabin implementing a miniature version of ed in forth just so I
work more effectively on the task to come.

-rob