[TUHS] H.J. Lu Bootable Root & Base System disks

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Jul 18 04:19:17 AEST 2020

I agree but the purists will say linux is more like minux or other
rewrites from scratch.  All the other stuff listed below that isn't
Linux, all traces back to v7, v6, etc.

Given that Linux is so wide spread, yeah, it would be nice to have a
place for old fuddy duddies like me to smack our gums and say "sonny
boy, you and your fancy TCP/IP, a modem was good enough for me and it
was uphill in both directions" :-)

Actually, TCP/IP was awesome when we got it.  Modems were better than
nothing but they sucked until they were fast enough for SLIP.

--
---