[TUHS] Linux is on-topic

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat Jul 18 13:34:00 AEST 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 12:57:18PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 05:53:58AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 02:08:31PM -0400, Norman Wilson wrote:
> > > In my humble-but-correct opinion*, Linux and its
> > > origins fit into the general topic of UNIX history..
> > > Warren gets final say, of course, but to encourage
> > > him I will say: Ploooogie!
> >
> > I'm happy with it, you silly twisted boy, you.
>
> But +1 to Grant's point not to turn TUHS into a Linux support forum.
> Quite frankly, I'm old dude who relies on his kids to fix his phone
> and I can google and find answers to just about any Linux problem.
> So no need for that here.

I think that perhaps some codewords should be adopted for various *nix
flavours/implementations/reimplementations. For example: linux =
frogboat. Nobody will ever come here to ask about fixing problem with
this.

And besides, I would really not mind if there was a single place where
I could read something about frogboat and other dolls. Reusing this
list for such purpose is ok for me, since I am already subscribed.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola