[TUHS] 211BSD Version in the Unix Archive

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:45:44 AEST 2020

Hi All,

I'm currently doing some work with 211BSD and the best version that I've
come across for my investigations is the one put together by Andre
Luvisi, based on the distro in the Unix Archive at
https://tuhs.v6shell.org/UnixArchiveMirror/Distributions/UCB/2.11BSD

So far as I can figure out (and I'm a little bit fuzzy around the
edges), this appears to be patch level 431, at least according to
https://tuhs.v6shell.org/UnixArchiveMirror/Distributions/UCB/2.11BSD/VERSION.
I have a number of questions that hopefully, someone can shed some light on:

1. Is it really pl 431?
2. How can I tell?
3. Is it the latest tape image available (I've seen plenty of disk
images, but those are already installed)?
4. Is there a howto bring it up to the next patch level document lying
around somewhere?

I've seen Warner's work on going the other direction and that's
fascinating in it's own right, but I'd like to see about patching up to
latest.

Thanks,

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF