[TUHS] /bin vs /sbin

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jul 22 23:39:17 AEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 3:24 PM Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

>   I think I may even have a memo or two from the discussion in a file
> cabinet.

Just for grins, I peaked in a file I had last night.  I found about 4-5
cm's thickness of the 'requirements for a next-gen kernel' documents from
the UI kernel group.  They went to dev null as they are so unuseful at this
point and I'm short on filing space/my wife has been on me to weed.  I did
decide to save the who was on the committee page, that seems like it might
have value.

It was 1993, and  Linux was just appearing, who knew?   UI was backing the
SRV4 ABI on top of Chorus as a reaction to OSF's Mach system.