[TUHS] Technical decisions based on political considerations [was Re: AT&T Research]

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Thu Jul 23 16:02:04 AEST 2020

scj at yaccman.com wrote:

> The technical people I met all seemed
> competent -- it must be the management that was the difference...

<rant>
I saw this *a lot* when I worked at Intel; being forced to use
the wrong tools for software development because of political
considerations instead of technical ones.  One of the reasons I
was super glad to leave there and why I think that Intel as a
whole will never make it as a software company. (There are pockets
there that understand software, but the majority of the company
does not.)
</rant>

Sorry,

Arnold