[TUHS] Groff on Windows (for PDF output)?

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Fri Jul 24 04:33:23 AEST 2020

Echoing other answers, I regularly use groff in Cygwin.
If you're into Unix/Linux, Cygwin is a great tool with a
remarkably clean installation process. I use default
PostScript output by choice, because I can tinker with
PostScript but not with PDF. ps2pdf (available from
Cygwin) has always worked when I need PDF.

I must admit, tough, that this approach will be pretty
onerous if you do not want Cygwin for any other
reason. And I should add that PoscScript requires a
special viewer; I use gsview.

Doug