[TUHS] Troff to ps

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Jul 27 02:15:19 AEST 2020

psroff was part of the Transcript FWIW.  It was the moral equi to the UCB
command vtroff which did the call to troff -t ... | vcat

BTW: I just peeked,  on Disk 4  of Kirk's archives are the source to both
ditroff and Adobe's transcript in the 'local' directory.

I would suggest starting with transcript, copying to your system and typing
'make'
That will allow the BSD troff stuff to 'just work' us pscat/psroff/enscript
et al.

This is how most sites that did not spring for a ditroff license worked
with their Apple Laserwriters or later PS printers.

Then if you want to do the same thing with ditroff, that should 'just
compile' and build and you replace troff with ditroff.