[TUHS] mh/hm, mmh (was: fmt(1): history, POSIX, -t, -c)

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Mon Jun 1 03:25:07 AEST 2020

Ralph Corderoy writes:

> (I still use nmh and I'm using it for this reply.)

+1 on that.  I also still use nmh.  To me, the set of shell commands
exemplifies the UNIX philosophy as I can easily "show | wc -l" or
whatever that is cumbersome with monolithic packages.  My minor
contributions were adding the attachment support and the hooks.  The
hooks allow other programs to be triggered behind the scenes when
nmh commands are run; I use it to keep an elasticsearch database of
my messages.  I have two additional command script to support thise:
gpick and gscan which are the equivalent of pick and scan except that
they search the elasticsearch database and pretty much return results
instantaneously.

Jon