[TUHS] History of popularity of C

Bakul Shah bakul at iitbombay.org
Mon Jun 8 03:26:48 AEST 2020

On Jun 7, 2020, at 8:26 AM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> That said, I personally am the most excited about Go theses day, but I'm also thinking Rust looks pretty interesting, but my experience with both compared to C is extremely nominal.  Neither language is used for anything in production in our world at this point.

People who use Rust seem to really like it but so far I have not done
anything in it. I will take another look if I do any bare metal coding.
In contrast I use Go for almost all my own coding now. I am not entirely
happy with it but the ecosystem around it is great. And the really nice
thing about it is that not only I can cross-compile programs but also,
I believe it is the only compiled language (much more so than C) where
a lot of stuff just works on on plan9.