[TUHS] Origins and life of the pg pager

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:36:42 AEST 2020

I had forgotten about that tool, along with many others. "Comp" sounds
plausible but as I said, I forget. (Not a sign of age; my memory for
details is no match for Clem's; to me stage actors are superheroes).

I do remember the tool existing, though, and now see it as related to a
long list of similar things, including "go generate". I wonder if my
subconscious held on to it.

This history stuff is fun because of the reminder of a time when tools were
simple and you could create a whole new one in an afternoon.

-rob