[TUHS] What was the release history timeline of Ultrix for VAX/MicroVAX?

Pat Barron patbarron at acm.org
Mon Mar 2 12:04:26 AEST 2020

I was just discussing this with someone today, and I realized this
information has fallen out of working memory, and I can't find it on
secondary storage anywhere... ;-)

Does anyone remember the release history and version numbering of Ultrix
for the VAX and MicroVAX (which I believe was referred to at various times
as Ultrix-32 and Ultrix-32M, until some point when the "-32" thing was
dropped, I think?)  I was trying to remember what the various released
versions of Ultrix were.  The person I was discussing with thinks he
remembers a version 1.4 and 1.6, before Ultrix 2.0.  I honestly don't
remember any 1.x version beyond 1.2.  Is there a timeline somewhere?

--Pat.