[TUHS] SDB debugger

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Sun May 3 17:14:02 AEST 2020

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> I really don't know how systems people do it these days, it is a
> much more complex world.
>
> ...  these days, I have no idea how I'd make a difference.

By doing something besides systems. There are tons of open source
projects at the user level that make a difference. Consider something
like AsciiDoc.  Less than 10 years old (methinks), and in use for
production by at least one major technical publisher that I know of.
(And it sure beats the pants off of DocBook XML.)

Or the work I do on gawk, Chet on Bash, other GNU bits.

There's a whole world out there besides just the kernel.

Arnold