[TUHS] v7 K&R C

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:42:55 AEST 2020

I never liked call by reference. When I was trying to understand a chunk of
code, it was a great mental simplification to know that whatever a called
routine did, it couldn't have an effect on the code I was trying to
understand except through a returned value and (ghastly) global variables.
Operator overloading is far worse. Now I can't even be sure code I'm
looking at is doing what I thought it did.