[TUHS] v7 K&R C

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat May 16 06:24:47 AEST 2020

I suspect we are saying the same thing.   C is defined as an int (as Larry
also showed), not an unsigned char (and frankly if you had done that, most
modern compilers will give you a warning).  IIRC you are correct that the
Ritchie compiler would not catch that error.

But, the truth is I know few C (experienced) programmers that would define
c as anything but an int; particularly in the modern era with compiler
warnings as good as they are.

Clem