[TUHS] where did "main" come from?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat May 23 07:52:17 AEST 2020

It's interesting, I was thinking about this the other day too.   I
remember talking about the 'main program' in Fortran when I was learning.
I never thought about it when I saw it in C, other than, ok that's how you
pass command line args, which I thought was really clean.   I remember TOPS
and TSS you had to go rummaging around to get to them.

As for your BCPL question, START() was way I learned it.  I think I first
saw it on the 360s or maybe the 1108; but really never did much it until I
saw the first Altos.

Clem