[TUHS] History of popularity of C

Thomas Paulsen thomas.paulsen at firemail.de
Wed May 27 02:00:53 AEST 2020

>Dr. Lions himself) it was emphasised to us that it was not a production
>language bur a *teaching* language;

In the early 90ths I written some larger programs in Turbo Pascal after years of intensively working with my favored C&C++ language, and was surprised how well designed the Borland language was. Thus, recently I installed Free-Pascal with its comfortable IDE and since then I'm wondering why they always inventing new languages as these 'old' C&Pascal languages are so well designed and implemented, that I can't imagine that anything else is really needed.