[TUHS] fmt(1): history, POSIX, -t, -c

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:08:39 AEST 2020

I looked in my manuals. Fmt(1) first appears in Research 9th edition. I
have vague memories that it was written by Tom Duff, but a) I could
misremember and b) I also have vague memories it was not original. If both
memories are accurate, it's just a simple command written in two different
places, one being a distorted echo of another. Much like the make td wrote
at UofT after hearing about Stu's.

Nothing nefarious.

-rob