[TUHS] Fwd: Choice of Unix for 11/03 and 11/23+ Systems

Paul Riley paul at rileyriot.com
Sat Sep 19 13:22:39 AEST 2020

Team,

I’ve read thru the FAQ and other sources regarding compatibility of
Research and other flavours on the PDP-11. I have two physical machines, an
11/03 and an 11/23+. I’m choosing which version to use on each machine.

Is LSX the only option on the 11/03, or could I run V6 or Mini-Unix with
more RAM?

>From the FAQ, it says V7 would support 11/23 with kernel recompilation, I
assume includes 11/23+. I see 2.11BSD would also run on a ‘23 (and + I
guess) with 1MB or more of RAM, so that would be preferred. I suppose 2.11
would be preferable.

I also have found another 11/23+ system from a seller here in China.
There’s the system, and a VT100, and a hard drive I can’t identify. Here’s
a photo, does anyone know what it is? I may bid for it...

Paul

*Paul Riley*