[TUHS] Fwd: Choice of Unix for 11/03 and 11/23+ Systems

Paul Riley paul at rileyriot.com
Mon Sep 21 20:26:58 AEST 2020

Noel,

In the bootable images archive, there's the "Unknown V6" RL02 image. I've
tried that on SimH configured as an 11/23+ with 256kB of RAM and it seems
to work fine. It seems to be somewhat tweaked, as the shell accepts "cd"
instead of "chdir" and I know the C compiler is happy with either "+=" or
"=+". It seems to be reasonably complete (at least binaries I mean). I
can't recall if the source files are there or not.

I guess at least if I use LSX and V6 then they both are V6 based, which
might minimize pain. I'd imagine stuff I write for the '23 would also then
compile on the '03.

I'll have some fun eventually on these machines with my home automation
system. I've picked-up an RS-232 -> WiFi module on TaoBao (China's answer
to eBay) and I'll implement a super-lightweight MQTT system to drive some
stuff at home. (Think custom Christmas lights.) I would assume that
Ethernet boards are available, but not supported on V6.

Anyone else have an LSI machine at home? I'd be interested to know some fun
stuff to do with it.

Paul

*Paul Riley*