[TUHS] Fwd: Choice of Unix for 11/03 and 11/23+ Systems

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Sep 22 03:59:57 AEST 2020

    > From: Heinz Lycklama

    > The DLV-11 supported only one serial port in 1975. Other DEC interface
    > devices may have been added to the Qbus after the mid 1970's.

The DLV11-J:

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/DLV11-J_asynchronous_serial_line_interface

is basically 4 DLV11's rolled into a single dual-width card; that's definitely
an option for Mini-Unix (which apparently supports up to 4 simultaneous
users). They are program compatible with the DHV11, so the driver should 'just
work'. The boards are readily available on eBait; 'glitchworks' (of this
parish) sells replacement cables (quite good, I have several).

Another option for serial lines on QBUS machines are DZ11 and DH11 versions
for QBUS. (The DZ11 is interrupt-per-character on output; the DH11 is DMA on
output.) There are two generations of each: the DZV11 (quad-width) and DZQ11
(dual-width), and DHV11 (quad) and DHQ11 (dual). I think they are pretty much
program compatible with their UNIBUS brethren, and should be easy to get
running. The boards are easy to find on eBait, the breakout panels are
somewhat rarer (although there sre some DH ohes up at the moment).

	 Noel