[TUHS] Zombified SCO comes back from the dead, brings trial back to life against IBM

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Mon Apr 5 08:02:59 AEST 2021

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) writes:
> Clem Cole writes:
>
> > Hey Larry/Rob is that true?  I thought the unbundling happened @ Sun when
> > they created a compiler group and finally wrote their own production
> > quality compilers
>
> I'm sure it predated Solaris (SunOS 5).  My few remaining brain cells
> from that era say "4.1."

My SparcStation-20 that runs SunOS has whatever Sun shipped with the OS.
My Ultra-60 that runs Solaris has the Sun compiler that I had to purchase
separately and their annoying broken license manager that often kept it
from running.  Gcc became useful before I stopped using that machine so
I switched to that.