[TUHS] Zombified SCO comes back from the dead, brings trial back to life against IBM

Kenneth Goodwin kennethgoodwin56 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:58:57 AEST 2021

On storage discipline-
UNIX derived systems deliberately don't enforce file formats. In the UNIX
philosophy
Everything is a file.

Inter program portability can be achieved in a multitude of ways.

Pure ascii format with either defined field widths or the more common
"special character"  delimited fields. Ie pipe delimited or comma or :
delimited.

xml formatted.

There are several conversion programs available as well as write your own.