[TUHS] PC Unix (had been How to Kill a Technical Conference

Josh Good pepe at naleco.com
Wed Apr 7 06:11:19 AEST 2021

On 2021 Apr  6, 12:32, Charles H Sauer wrote:
> For much of my last few years at IBM, my uucp machine, ibmchs, was an AT
> running Xenix, probably that version of Xenix.

Hi. I'm curious about that Xenix vintage. How did you use that machine:
headless from a serial terminal?, or at the VGA console? Was it "single
user" or shared among several people? Did you run Xenix and only SCO
provided software, or did you had third party software in it? Were you
using it by choice as your favourite Unix, or merely because it was the
only Unix you could have? Did you like living with Xenix? Did it have
problems, o was it "setup and forget"?

If you feel like sharing that experience, thank you very much.

--
Josh Good