[TUHS] (no subject)

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Wed Apr 7 11:01:49 AEST 2021

Dave Horsfall writes:
> I quit the ACM when they jacked up their fees to the point of being
> unaffordable (and refused to justify it when asked); that, and they were
> no longer relevant since I stopped working in academia and went to
> industry instead.
>
> Same story with ACS and IEEE (although they made for useful tax
> deductions).

Same thing happened to me.  I was really annoyed by their refusal to allow
the purchase of any of the digital library for offline use because I have
such crappy internet service here.  Just wanted to have access to stuff that
I had already purchased so that I could get rid of the paper copies.  The
final straw was when being a SIGGRAPH member stopped including the proceedings.

Last of my old CACM and proceedings of the IEEE went out recycling today.

BTW, as part of my dodsstada project I have found extra copies of the
1992, 1993, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 SIGGRAPH proceedings if
anybody wants 'em.

Jon