[TUHS] Looking for a paper..

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Apr 15 17:26:56 AEST 2021

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021, Warner Losh wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2021, 12:49 AM Chris Torek <torek at elf.torek.net> wrote:
>       I found it.  What are you looking for, TeX source, dvi,
>       PostScript...?
>
> First choice is TeX, second choice is PostScript.

I tried to wrap my mind around TeX, but ended up learning PostScript
instead :-)

I tried to grok TeX (my then-PHB tried to force me to learn it), but ended
up learning PostScript...  It just worked.

> And thank you so much Chris....

Indeed; he helped me with a SCSI ID problem back in ye olde BSD/OS days
(BSDi), before WinDriver took over and trashed the joint for our
customers.  Did I mention that WinDriver pretty lost all of their
customers to OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, etc?

Sounds like my own clients once; we got borged by a Big Company in order
to flog their own (inferior) product, and to my black heart's delight each
and everyone one of them went to an opposing product.

  -- Dave