[TUHS] Can I use Apout simulator on Windows 10?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Apr 16 06:29:29 AEST 2021

As its author, WKT has more info than others but since he does not mention
it in his README and due to TZ issue (he's likely asleep right now), I'll
take a shot.  Note:  I can not say I have tried it, but I would expect it
to compile and run on WSL.  I can say I ran in a few years ago on a Mac and
'just worked.'    You might need to tweak it a little bit if for no other
reason than RedHat Linux 2.2 is pretty old and was 32 bit, but WKT's code
is pretty clean and I would not expect any real issues.   Since he is
assuming a 32-bit system, and I have not played with it in a while, my
guess is that the one place you might need to be careful.  His comment in
the read says:

It should compile on a 32-bit little-endian machine with

some form of Unix; you may need to change some header file includes etc.

See `defines.h' for the details. In particular, if your system doesn't have

types for:

	int8_t, int16_t, int32_t, u_int8_t, u_int16_t, u_int32_t

or if your compiler doesn't have char=1 byte, short= 2 bytes, int=4 bytes,

then alter the relevant typedefs in `defines.h'.

ᐧ