[TUHS] How to install 4.3BSD Quasijarus on VAXStation 4000 VLC?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Apr 28 06:51:54 AEST 2021

Might I would suggest a slightly different path.

Install Quasijarus on a more traditional vax processor with RH style disks
[RMxx/RPxx] on the simh.   Then add a virtual RZ SCSI disk to the simh
system [although you might not even need to do that - as simh just sees the
disk as a linear file of blocks without any geometry].  The trick is to
make sure the virtual disk is set up so that you have a working
system/booting system on the virtual disk when changing the processor type
to match the VAXstation.  Then just DD the image to a real SCSI drive and
move it to the VAXstation.