[TUHS] How to install 4.3BSD Quasijarus on VAXStation 4000 VLC?

Hans Rosenfeld rosenfeld at grumpf.hope-2000.org
Thu Apr 29 01:42:00 AEST 2021

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:49:50PM -0700, Adam Thornton wrote:
> Thanks to Emanuel Steibler, I am now in possession of a VAXStation 4000
> VLC.  I've got OpenVMS installed, but, well, the SCSI2SD gives me two more
> 2GB disks (the fourth partition is the OpenVMS install CD).
>
> I'd like to put Quasijarus on it.
>
> Problem is, the VLC only supports, as far as I know, SCSI devices.  I'm
> quite happy to install Quasijarus under simhfrom an emulated SCSI tape to
> an rz device and then just dd the resulting disk image over to the SD
> card...but I can't work out how to do it.

Are you sure that 4.3BSD Quasijarus supports running on a 4000VLC, or
utilizing SCSI devices? Last time I looked it didn't support anything
newer than the pure QBus MicroVAXen and VAXstations, and the only SCSI
devices supported were those on MSCP-to-SCSI controllers.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown