[TUHS] How to install 4.3BSD Quasijarus on VAXStation 4000 VLC?

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 02:33:57 AEST 2021

The support just plain isn't there.  There isn't anything in src/sys/vax
for any 4000 machine, there isn't LANCE ethernet support in src/sys/vaxif,
I don't see any mention of any 53C* SCSI controllers anywhere in the source
tree, etc.  As Hans said, you're stuck with the older big iron and the
older MicroVAXes.  Heck, even adding support for the 4000/200 (still a pure
Q-Bus machine) looks like it would be a fair amount of work.

-Henry