[TUHS] Is it time to resurrect the original dsw (delete with switches)?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Tue Aug 31 23:18:46 AEST 2021

P.S.:

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20210830150510.jWrRZ%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Jon Steinhart wrote in
 | <202108292212.17TMCGow1448973 at darkstar.fourwinds.com>:
 ||I recently upgraded my machines to fc34.  I just did a stock
 ||uncomplicated installation using the defaults and it failed miserably.
 ||Fc34 uses btrfs as the default filesystem so I thought that I'd give it
 |I have learned that i have to chattr +C my vm/ directory in order
 |to avoid filesystem errors which can only be solved by deleting
 |the corrupted files (which were not easy to find out,
 |inspect-internal inode-resolve could have helped a bit better, but
 |creator itself.  So i think a "chattr +C" here and there, it can
 |be directory-wide, it could be a mount or creation option, isn't
 |that bad.  Also it is just me having had a go (or julia or nim; or

Only to add that this was effectively my fault, because of the
caching behaviour my box-vm.sh script chose for qemu.
In effect i think that +C i could drop again now that i have

  drivecache=,cache=writeback # ,cache=none XXX on ZFS!?

used like eg

  -drive index=0,if=ide$drivecache,file=img/$vmimg

It, however, took quite some research to get there.

--steffen