[TUHS] Ratfor revived!

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Dec 3 00:15:43 AEST 2021

Henry -- most people that I am aware used the original Fortran-IV version
since that was the Lingua-Franca.  The Pascal version was a few years
later, and frankly other than to read the book, I personally never ran the
results from them.  But I can say I did use the original Fortran version
under VMS back in the day.  As bwk says in the Pascal edition, it was
actually a difficult thing to do because Pascal lacked many features that
really made it uniform across implementations, portable between systems
themselves, and as a reasonable systems programming language.  See: Why
Pascal is Not My Favorite Programming Language
<http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs655/readings/bwk-on-pascal.html>

Clem
ᐧ