[TUHS] Ratfor revived!

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Dec 3 02:30:35 AEST 2021

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 12:45 AM Henry Bent <henry.r.bent at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Byte article (the scan of which I am very grateful for; not having to
> go trawling through the stacks at the Oberlin College library is always a
> plus) claims that the tools have been implemented on:
>
> Tandem

That would be me; at least I registered it with Addison-Wesley, although
someone else may have implemented it independently.  I also wrote a shell
that took advantage of Guardian-style IPC, using a per-user pipe server
that connected up all the monodirectional pipes through itself.  Its prompt
was ::, which the documentation referred to as the quadpoint prompt.