[TUHS] New Member

Bryan St. Amour bryan at bryanstamour.com
Tue Dec 7 03:27:09 AEST 2021

Hello!

I have just joined this mailing list recently, and figured I would give
an introduction to myself.

My first encounter with Unix took place in 2006 when I started my
undergraduate studies in Computer Science. The main servers all ran
Solaris, and we accessed them via thin clients. Eventually I wanted a
similar feeling operating system for my personal computer, so that I
could do my assignments without having to always log into the school
servers, and so I came across Linux. I hopped around for a while, but
eventually settled with Slackware for my personal computers. Nowadays I
run a mixture of Linux and BSD operating systems for various purposes.

Unfortunately my day job has me writing desktop software for Windows (no
fun there :(), so I'm thankful to have found a group of people with
similar computing interests as myself, and I look forward to chatting
with you all!

Regards,

Bryan St. Amour