[TUHS] PDP 11/23 running UNIX version 6 at VCF Midwest!

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Mon Dec 20 03:25:34 AEST 2021

> While doing some end of year retrocomputing revisiting, I thought some
> of you might enjoy this - there is hope for the next generation(s)! ;)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zyng5Ob-e8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zyng5Ob-e8>

Thanks for that video link!

I noticed the bit at the end about V6 and  the occasional dropped character and that this was not a serial line issue. I have the same issue in my V6 port to the TI-990 and always assumed that it was a bug I introduced myself when hacking the tty driver.

Does anyone remember, was this a real life bug back in 6th edition back in the 1970’s? Maybe only showing at higher baud rates?

Paul