[TUHS] ksh88 source code?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Dec 24 03:23:35 AEST 2021

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 9:41 AM Norman Wilson <norman at oclsc.org> wrote:

> Shell wars are, in the end, no more interesting than editor wars.

+1.  One person's "fully-featured software" is another person's "ten pounds
of crap in a five-pound bag".

> Bourne-family shells

All of which, considered as programming languages, are badly designed, in
the usual way of sofa beds and other allegedly dual-purpose pieces of
furniture.  Scsh is a shell that's a high-quality programming language
(namely Scheme), and I have just discovered xonsh, which is like scsh for
Python.  I have some ideas for a shell based on rc and Lua.

> To my mind, the Research 10/e sh had it about right,

Unfortunately, approximately nobody except you has access to its man page.
Can you post or email it?