[TUHS] Are there images of any SVR2's available online?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Dec 25 04:32:33 AEST 2021

On 12/24/21 9:27 AM, Will Senn wrote:
> Ha! I'm curious by nature. I recently was sent a book that references
> SVR2 and that is enough impetus for me to want to try it out 'for real'
> :). Shiny object, for sure.

/Chuckle/

I'm following suit for 4.4BSD as I've got The Design and Implementation
of the 4.4BSD Operating System book (ISBN: 0-201-54979-4) on my desk.

Sadly it seems as if 4.4BSD-Encumbered would be required to run it on a
VAX emulator and 4.4BSD-Lite is apparently non-starter.

I'm also wondering if 386BSD on a PC would be close enough.  Though I
think that it, and it's ilk, is based on 4.3BSD Net/2.  I don't know
what the effective differences will be.  :-/

In some ways I sort of which I had picked up the 4.3BSD counterpart to
the book.

> Which is why I went looking for SVR2

s/SVR2/4.4BSD/

> I'm just a sucker for the closest experience I can get without driving
> myself off the rails trying to get things working.

#truth

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die