[TUHS] Are there images of any SVR2's available online?

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 01:11:28 AEST 2021

On 12/24/21 10:57 AM, Seth Morabito wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2021, at 8:38 PM, Will Senn wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Are there any bootable media available for any SVR 2 systems available online? Or are they all under IP lock and key? If so, what's the closest system that is available to get a feel for that variety of OS?
>>
>> Happy holidays, folks.
>>
>> Will
> I have preserved the installation diskettes for AT&T System V Release 2.0.5 for 3B2 here:
>
> https://archives.loomcom.com/3b2/software/System_V_Release_2.0.5/
>
> It should work on the SIMH 3B2/400 emulator, but it occurs to me I've never actually tried a full installation from these before (I've always used SVR 3)
>
> -Seth

Just to close the loop on this... the 3b2 Core System V Release 2.0.5
floppies, C-Kermit, and the Editor Utilities borrowed from the Core
System V Release 3.2 files (gotta have vi) work great under SIMH's
3b2/400. The same goes for Basic, C, Fortran, Pascal, Document
Workbench, and Writers Workbench... (well at least they install, I
haven't tested them all yet).

Later,

Will