[TUHS] moving directories in svr2

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Thu Dec 30 01:02:09 AEST 2021

System V of that era didn't allow moving directories. You can copy them
recursively with find and cpio with the option that makes hard links
and then remove the old directory, or use a standard tar pipeline to
copy the directory tree.

BSD has always allowed moving directories; I *think* that descends
from Research Unix but I don't remember for sure.

HTH,

Arnold