[TUHS] BSD 2.11 documentation

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Dec 31 06:10:27 AEST 2021

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 12:10 PM Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any extant 2.11 manuals other than the online manual and various
> install and configure PDFs, available for download?
>
> Also, am I understanding correctly that 2.11 is 2.10 plus some 4.3
> backports and a ton of patches? If there aren’t any 2.11 specific docs,
> what would be the closest of what is available?

BSD2.11 as released was  BSD2.10 with even more 4.3 backports (though that
process started before 2.10 was released).

BSD2.11-pl473 has a lot that's not been summarized. Release notes /
installation guides have been updated as things like disk labels were
added. But I've not seen any comprehensive summary of the patches. I should
spend some time putting something together that summarizes things (rather
than the tick-tock of each patch, some of which fix very niche bugs, others
which add an ANSI-C compiler). There's also a few bugs that were fixed that
didn't get proper patches that you can detect with careful diffing, at
least in the early days...

https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/UCB/2.11BSD/ has the latest,
nearly canonical version of 2.11BSD.

Warner