[TUHS] Fwd: Choice of Unix for 11/03 and 11/23+ Systems

Greg A. Woods woods at robohack.ca
Wed Feb 3 10:07:46 AEST 2021

At Tue, 22 Sep 2020 11:59:43 -0400 (EDT), jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa) wrote:
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Fwd: Choice of Unix for 11/03 and 11/23+ Systems

> V6, as distributed, had no networking at all. There are two V6 systems with
> networking in TUHS:
>
>   https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=SRI-NOSC
>   https://minnie.tuhs.org//cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=BBN-V6
>
> The first is an 'NCP' Unix (unless unless you have an ARPANet); the second is
> a fairly early TCP/IP from BBN (ditto, out of the box; although one could write
> an Ethernet driver for it).
>
> There's also a fairly nice Internet-capable V6 (well, PWB1, actually) from MIT
> which I keep meaning to upload; it includes SMTP, FTP, etc, etc. I also have
> visions of porting an ARP I wrote to it, and bringing up an Ethernet driver
> for the DEQNA/DELQA, but I've yet to get to any of that.

There's a "v6net" directory in this repository.

	https://www.sqliteconcepts.org/cgi-bin/9995/doc/tip/doc/index.wiki

I accidentally found it all when searching from something completely
different the other day.

I wonder if it is from either of the two ports you mention.

--
					Greg A. Woods <gwoods at acm.org>

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>     Avoncote Farms <woods at avoncote.ca>