[TUHS] FreeBSD behind the times? (was: Favorite unix design principles?)

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Fri Feb 12 07:01:58 AEST 2021

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 06:25:00PM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:

> BitKeeper has that code and proves that it can be done.

I'm still using BitKeeper and enjoing it a lot.
I like it much better than Git.  :-)

> So good on you that you like ZFS and FreeBSD.  I don't and I don't for
> really good reasons.

I like FreeBSD, and I like ZFS (as a user, without knowing the
internals), but I like Btrfs much better.  I wish it was supported by
the BSD's, mainly OpenBSD.

What are your views on BTRFS, Larry?  I'd like to know.  :-)

Regards.
Ángel