[TUHS] Macs and future unix derivatives

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Fri Feb 12 23:39:43 AEST 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 10:43:54AM -0800, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> I love Linux, especially Debian lately.

I used Debian everywhere (desktops, laptops, servers) both at work and
at home.  Until they decided to ship it with SystemD and don't give an
alternative.  I then switched to Devuan, and I can't be happier.  It's
the exact wonderful Debian experience, with the freedom of choice that
Debian always gave me until it didn't anymore.   I used to say I would
I don't think I would anymore.

> But I also have high hopes for Redox OS, and may switch someday:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redox_(operating_system)
> https://www.theregister.com/2019/11/29/after_four_years_rusty_os_nearly_selfhosting/

Me too, as well as for Haiku OS, even though it's not a UN!X derivative,
it's POSIX compliant (or so they claim), and it works very nicely as a
desktop OS.

Cheers,
Ángel