[TUHS] Abstractions

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Tue Feb 16 05:56:27 AEST 2021

Was thinking about our recent discussion about system call bloat and such.
Seemed to me that there was some argument that it was needed in order to
support modern needs.  As I tried to say, I think that a good part of the
bloat stemmed from we-need-to-add-this-to-support-that thinking instead
of what's-the-best-way-to-extend-the-system-to-support-this-need thinking.

So if y'all are up for it, I'd like to have a discussion on what abstractions
would be appropriate in order to meet modern needs.  Any takers?

Jon